Music is a fundamental part of the curriculum for the entire school at all levels and provides the foundation for our Performing Arts Program. This program provides opportunities for artistic expression and encompasses both music and theatre in the following venues:
SAINT MARY SOUNDWAVES
Saint Mary SoundWaves is an expansive instrumental and vocal lessons program available to all students:
Instrumental Lessons – students can sign up for lessons in keyboard, wind, percussion and string instruments. Lessons are offered on a trimester basis – fall, winter and spring. Rates vary based on the type of lessons – individual, small group, or large group.
Saint Mary Singers – students in this singing group lead the student congregation at liturgies and participate in other community performances throughout the year.
Students prepare and perform theaterical productions throughout the year. This exciting opportunity introduces students to all aspects of theatre while building confidence and developing talents both on and off stage.
- TheatreWorks Christmas Musical features a full student pit orchestra by select, intermediate level students.
- Spring Band is a performance by select, intermediate level students.
- SoundWaves Cafe events are café-style performance opportunities for students to demonstrate their talents.
- Spring Recital is an annual event that takes place at the end of the academic year with the Student Art Show.
- The Saint Mary Singers perform at all school masses throughout the school year.